Favorite Movie Soundtracks
Welcome to Music Monday. I thought I would start by picking a topic that sometimes gets forgotten, at least in terms of a music category. If you’re a film lover then you know how crucial a great soundtrack can be in elevating the mood of a story. Basically, a good soundtrack makes you want to buy the album immediately after you’ve seen the movie because you can’t stop replaying the music in your head. I’ve compiled a list of my top 12 movie soundtracks. (Not easy. I had to leave off some that are very worthy.) Feel free to discuss your own list. Or disagree with mine.
In no particular order…
- Good Will Hunting – Perfect!
- The Graduate – How can you go wrong with Simon and Garfunkel?
- The Big Chill – Classics
- The Virgin Suicides – I think Sofia Coppola has awesome taste in music
- Pretty In Pink – So 1980’s. Love Modern English
- About a Boy – Badly Drawn Boy is perfect
- Drugstore Cowboy – One word, “Israelites”
- Almost Famous – Cameron Crowe knows his music. “Almost” perfect soundtrack
- Rushmore – Very quirky
- Harold and Maude – Who better than Cat Stevens for this sweet tale. haha!
- Grease – Don’t lie, you liked this soundtrack!
- Help and A Hard Day’s Night and all Beatles movies (I count these as one) – Of Course. They can do no wrong. The movies were awful but the music…great.
Three of these films are in my top ten movies. Hmmm…