Well, I’m truly blessed. I’ve been nominated by Dribblingpensioner for some lovely awards. For those who’ve never been to his blog, he offers a nice variety of subjects and I always get a good laugh. Jeandayfriday nominated me for the Good Apple Award. (Oh, and she tagged me, so I guess I’m IT?) Her blog is also one I enjoy visiting. I like her re-telling of events and her humorous take on things. Thanks again to these two wonderful bloggers!!!!!
As usual, if you’re on my blogroll and would like to receive and or participate in any of these awards, then consider yourself awarded. You’re all worthy in my eyes. By now you know I’m too lazy to go to all the effort to tag people and link them to my post. I will say, that if you choose to participate, I think you’ll enjoy answering my questions. (even if that’s all you do!)
So without further ado, I will answer the eleven questions from Jeandayfriday’s game of tag.
- The rules have to be posted
- Answer the questions the tagger posted for you
- Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
- Tag eleven people with a link to your post
- Give them a heads up that you tagged them
1. If you could be any literary character for a day, who would you choose and why?
For one day I’d sign up to be Alice, of “Alice and Wonderland.” It might be sort of trippy?
2. If time travel was possible, where would you visit?
I’d go forward by 25 to 30 years so that I could meet my grandchildren and get to know them as adults.
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Really bad drivers.
4. Do you have a nickname now or from childhood? How did you get it?
“Beautiful.” I gave it to myself. (I’m kidding, it’s “Hottie.”)
5. What is your favorite book of all time?
I have too many. Here are some favorites; In the Heart of the Sea, House of Sand and Fog, Fall on Your Knees, East of Eden, A Fine Balance.
6. If you had the power, what is one change you would make in this world?
I love animals so, there would be no more animal cruelty. No more experiments on animals, no more zoos or circuses, animals could not be taken from of their natural habitat. There would be more laws to protect animals.
7. Would you prefer jelly beans, Cadbury cream eggs or Reese’s eggs?
I’m going with the salty-sweet deliciousness of Reese’s eggs. Yum.
8. If you could have any power, what would it be and why?
The power to have whatever power I needed at the moment. haha! I know, that’s a cheater’s answer. Okay, I think I would want to tele-transport. That way I could see my family and friends whenever I wanted. Yeah, that’s definitely the one I want.
9. Describe yourself in 3 adjectives.
Warm, Positive, Kind
10. Do you prefer Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games or Lord of the Rings? Why?
Hunger Games – because I like a good deadly competition. Oh, sorry, did I leave SUPER COMPETITIVE off my adjectives?
11. What is your favorite musical and why?
“The Poseidon Adventure.” Oh wait, you said musical? I like “Singin’ In the Rain.” It’s a great one and I know my daughter loves it so it reminds me of her. I also love all the Disney musicals from the 80’s and early 90’s.
- What’s your favorite vacation spot?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- What one food do you refuse to try?
- Which natural disaster would scare you the most? (Fire, Earthquake, Blizzard, Flood, Tornado, Tsunami, Hurricane, Drought, Plague, Volcano, etc.)
- What is your favorite nursery rhyme or children’s story?
- What’s your favorite charity?
- Which sport do you enjoy participating in the most?
- Which TV show do you look the most forward to each day/week?
- What is the one thing, that if people knew about you, would surprise them?
- What mistake do you wish you could un-do?
- What’s your favorite Disney movie? Why?