Politics and Sex and Religion…
Oh, I’m sorry, did you really think I was going to write a post on those hot topics? Seriously? No, actually it was just my way of luring you in so that you would read my post on AWARDS!!! Bwhaha! I can be very tricky when I need to be.
Recently I’ve been honored with several fabulous awards. I’m pretty sure these readers just feel sorry for me and were throwing me a bone. And for that, I love them.
Brigitte was kind enough to include me in a group of phenomenal bloggers and award us with, “The Illuminating Blogger Award.” If anyone should dole out this award it should be Brigitte. She’s smart, sensitive, funny and her posts are thought provoking. She’s warm and vulnerable. I think that’s what I respond to the most, her vulnerability. She’s the real deal. Oh, and she has great taste in music. Just fyi.
Curmudgeon awarded me with the, “One Lovely Blogger Award.” Interestingly, he gave this to me after reading about my run-in with Peter King. Only someone of his curmudgeonly and twisted ways would find that story, “Lovely.” He’s actually not as curmudgeonly as he would have you think. I find him to be extremely witty and intelligent. Sure, he likes to complain and point out how the world is full of imbeciles, but after all, isn’t that what we’re all thinking anyway?
Brother Jon bestowed upon me, along with a talented group of other bloggers, the “Reader’s Appreciation Award.” Brother Jon writes from his heart and his gut. He’s the guy next door type of blogger, easy to relate to, kind, and funny. I enjoy his posts that sometimes ramble but then end up with a little nugget of wisdom. He’s a regular good guy.
- Anyone who is on my blog roll or who frequents my blog (Le Clown and Unfetteredbs, etc.) is more than welcome to help themselves to any of these great awards. All of you continually add to and brighten my day.
- List 8 things that no one knows about you.
- Each time I write a post or a comment, I read it over and over and over to make sure I’ve spelled and punctuated things correctly. It’s very time consuming. And even after all that effort, I still make grammatical mistakes. Being Dyslexic can be a drag.
- I’m a chocolate lover. I get major cravings but I have to have a glass of ice cold milk to accompany it — otherwise I’ll pass.
- I have a love and reverence for animals and all living things. I’ll carry ants, spiders, bees, etc. out of my house rather than kill them. If I see or hear anything inhumane I get VERY distraught.
- I turn 50 this month and I’m not gonna lie, it’s freaking me out a little.
- Some of you may already know this, but Lily in Canada is my daughter. Yup, she’s irreverent, sarcastic and way funny. I couldn’t be more proud even though she’s slowly becoming Canadian.
- I’m seriously the best driver in the world. No, really, I am.
- I have no idea how wordpress works. I don’t know how to link things, etc. I don’t know how to do much of anything except type. You can tell from my posts that I’m completely clueless. I’m glad I finally got that out.
- I have a fear of writing boring, insignificant, meaningless posts. And right now, I’m feeling like I could use this post to illustrate that fear.